Wednesday, March 6, 2013

This Time I Mean It

I've said it before, but this time, I'm really serious. I have officially found the best gelato in Italy. For reals.
Last week, a friend and I (plus Baby Nora) drove north for some ceramics shopping in the town of Nove, a brief pop in to Venice, then a meandering trip home through Umbria, with stops in Ravenna, Urbino, and Spoleto. In Urbino, we found Romana on the main piazza, a gelateria that sells little cups of organic heaven. The offerings looked so delicious that I even ventured off my norm of including at least one taste of a chocolate and got a cup of half pistaccio gelato and half yogurt with almonds and honey. Phenomenal. Every bite was better than the last. I can leave Italy secure in the knowledge that I really did find exactly what I was In Search Of...

No comments:

Post a Comment